IV Black Sea Winemaking Forum
In Focus of Forum
The IV Black Sea Winemaking Forum will be held under the OIV (International Organization of Vine and Wine) high patronage on 30 June – 1 July 2017 in Moscow, Russian Federation
The Black Sea Winemaking Forum (hereinafter “the Forum”) is the region's largest specialized comprehensive branch event.
The Forum is traditionally consists of the following activities:
• exhibition of winemaking companies (wine, brandy and other spirituous beverages of vitivinicultural origin) and related sectors companies (suppliers of components, equipment and technological solutions, the representatives of the glass industry and printing services);
• conference: «The View from across the Black Sea: the Investments, Logistics and Retail in the Wine Sector», master classes and company presentations;
• on the sidelines of the Forum the traditionally popular among the winemakers of the region international wine contest and rating «Black Sea Wines» will be also held. The producers of the still and sparkling wines, brandy and other spirituous beverages of vitivinicultural origin will compete for the awards.
IV Black Sea Winemaking Forum is held to support the following practical cooperation mechanisms:
• networking of the traders and winemakers;
• mutual promotion of the products on the relevant regional, national and international markets;
• raising awareness of the sectors participants about the strategic and intermediate possibilities for the investments in the wine sector, as well as for the innovative logistics and retail strategies in the Black Sea Region
• creation of the networking for the wine producers, investors, logistics experts, retailers and producers
• elaboration of the proposals for the creation of the new more optimal international logistics chains in the regional wine trade.
The owners, executives and employees of the companies representing the vitivinicultural and related business sectors; the heads of the relevant professional associations and unions; researches, experts, analysts wine critics and bloggers, the lawyers and legal experts in the field; journalists and the representatives of the relevant media; the official trade representatives from the countries of the region responsible for the winemaking sector; the officials responsible for the vitiviniculture regulation and development from the state and interstate authorities; officials and non-governmental representatives working in the vitivinicultural sector on the local and regional levels from the famous and newly developing Black Sea wine regions will take part in the conference and at the exhibition of the IV Black Sea Winemaking Forum. The leading economic and legal experts on the logistics, retail and investments in the wine sector will also join the team of the participants.
Forum is held to support the practical cooperation mechanisms: networking of the traders and producers; mutual promotion of the products on the relevant international and regional markets; assistance in the legal protection on the markets in different countries of the region; analytical networking in the formation of the consolidated opinions for the market researchers and analysts; lobbying and the mutual support in informing about the decisions made (or intended to be made) by the relevant government authorities, responsible for the regulation and the development of the winemaking sector.
The annual meetings of the Forum determine basic directions for its other activities as a permanent body: they are exhibitions, tasting workshops, conferences, wine and spirits competitions.
Black Sea Winemaking Forum can also organize other types of activity to reach its goals.
Black Sea Winemaking Forum has its own brand logo, which may be used by the participants in their documentation and product labeling.
The Forum pays a special attention to the establishment of a special international system of independent ratings for wine products of companies-participants.
Forum participants consider the Black Sea region as an area united not only by similar moderate resort- style climate and geographical peculiarities, but also as a region unified by the traditional culture of winemaking and relevant cuisine.
The peoples of the Black Sea region countries traditionally have friendly attitude towards each other, they respect the traditions of the production and consumption of wine and culture of the feasts, they have very good mutual knowledge of the regional ethnic cuisines. The Black Sea region is the most affordable and a favorite destination for the tourists from the neighboring countries, including the countries which do not have a direct access to the Black Sea.
Winemaking requires protection of geographical and cultural uniqueness, because it is closely tied to the place of origin of vine and wine production. The preservation of the traditions, the support of the authentic winemaking production is the basic aim of the Black Sea Winemaking Forum participants.
Themes and Program
The basic theme of the IV Forumis the creation of the analytical frameworks for the optimization of the interaction in the mutually dependent economic processes: between the winemaking sector from one side and the finance, transportation and retail sectors from the other side.
The Forum themes were chosen on the basis of the analysis of the previous three Black Sea Winemaking Forum discussions and on the opinions expressed by the Forum’s partners and participants. Winemakers do need an open discussion with the experts and the decision makers from the state and private investment bodies, from the logistics companies and from the retail chains. The influence on the wine sector developments from the above mentioned segments of the interdependent economies of the Black Sea region is crucial and it is needed to be analyzed on the international level.